My Patreon page
Main YouTube channel
Get Into Woodworking
Support & Apparel
Etsy store, Tree2Gift

17 April 2014

Turned box

When I was turning my yew bowl, I found the two halves of a turned box that I had started making sometime last year.

Since I was "in the zone", I chucked these well seasoned pieces, one after the other, and turned them true. Then I formed the lips for the press fit joint, mounted the closed box between centres to perfect the flowing curve, used a jam chuck to allow the top and bottom to be completed, and finished the box with tung oil and wax.

I don't consider myself experienced enough to produce an instructional video on turning just yet, but I'm trying to get plenty of regular practice, so maybe in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.